MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH CHRISTINE’S BOUTIQUE MELBOURNE

Parisienne luxury on 181 Flinders Lane


When entering Christine's on 181 Flinders Lane there is an immediate sense of élan, and Parisienne luxury. The aesthetic is flawless. Baroque mirrors, art-lined walls, along with a mesmerising array of women fashion accessories such as jewellery, shoes, handbags, millinery, and perfume. I’m transfixed, in awe.

It’s amazing what comes from reading a magazine on a wet winter’s afternoon. There I was, curled up with a steaming cup of coffee and thumbing through Vogue or maybe Marie Claire, when I happened upon an article about Cary Grant and the fabulous aftershave Green Irish Tweed created for him by the House of Creed.

Naturally, my interest was piqued. I’ve always had a soft spot for the Hollywood of the 40’s and 50’s where leading men were fabulous and magnificently elegant. Those were the days. For me, Cary Grant was the gold standard of polished masculinity he wore style like a second skin. Mmm, I think my husband’s birthday was coming up what better gift than Green Irish Tweed. After all, if it was designed for an Adonis of the screen, it’s more than enough for the man of my dreams. Off into the city.


As if my thoughts have been read, a shop assistant appears and with warmth and charm, she introduces me to the history of the House of Creed. A spectacular history of creating fragrances from 1760 for the royal heads of Europe, world leaders, matinee idols, exquisite movies stars and notable beauties of the 40’s 50’s 60’s and beyond.

I have much to thank Christine Barro for, this doyen of George’s once Melbourne’s shop of shops where she created her legendary reputation, honed her consummate skills and savior-faire. She has imprinted her DNA and passion into Christine’s so I can become a recipient of beauty taste and style. Back to Green Irish Tweed.

I remain a devotee of the opulent cult of Christine’s where notions of style, taste, and beauty never fail to captivate. I’ve come to the party late and certainly have no intentions of leaving any time soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Fashion Trends: Black Geisha

Flower Delivery Key West

Combat Perspiration Now | How to Get Through Life Perspiration Free